Shawn's card has so many beautiful elements and since I love flowers, this was an easy card to CASE. I decided to stay with the same basic layout (flipped), the same basic colors, flowers, and twine. I just received a great big box of goodies from the new annual catalog, so I was eager to try out some new stamp sets. I am quite pleased about how easy it is to work with the new Penned & Painted photopolymer stamp set. I tried several different approaches to using this set, so let me tell you what I ended up doing.
First, I stamped a flower outline, covered it with a mask, and then stamped the leaves. (I used Whisper White cardstock and Basic Black Archival Ink.) By working on one flower at a time, I was able to properly adjust the spacing between flowers. After I had stamped line image of all the flowers/leaves, I used Pear Pizzazz ink to stamp the base color of the leaves. Be sure to keep the masks on the flowers. Next, I stamped the shadows using Old Olive ink.
This is what it will look like after I removed the masks. Next I stamped the color layers for the flowers. I used Daffodil Delight/Crushed Curry and Soft Sky/Marina Mist stamp pads. I originally stamped the big dots with Daffodil Delight ink, but I decided to go back and re-stamp them with Crushed Curry. I actually like the slightly offset look I achieved by doing this. I love how I was able to achieve a watercolor look by stamping...this is a beautiful set.
I mounted the stamped panel to a side-folding card base made from Whisper White Thick Cardstock and added a 1" strip of Marina Mist polka dot DSP.
Next, I used the new Labeler Alphabet to stamp the sentiment. I found that it is much easier to stamp the letters individually rather than try to stamp an entire word at once. Finally, I added some Linen Thread and some clear sequins (by Darice).
We would love to have you play along with us this week. Be sure to check out what the other talented designers/players have created for this fun challenge at the Global Design Project Challenge Blog.