Today's project is the final make-n-take display sample that I made for Leadership. I think this was my favorite because I had to really stretch my creativity. Of course, I have already told you that they wanted us to use only the kit contents. So here is how I made this entirely from the kit.
I used a button box lid and cut holes in the top to stabilize the flowers later in the process. I know that sounds a little difficult to understand, but I didn't want my flowers falling around all over the place so it was sort of like I made a flower frog that fit snuggly into the tube. I covered the outside edges of both parts of the button container with sticky strip and wrapped a 3"x8 1/2" piece of white card stock around them with one plactic piece on the top and the other on the bottom.
Here is what the tube looked like before I covered it. It definitely wasn't pretty, but then I covered it with DSP and made it about an inch taller so that you wouldn't see the plastic when it was finished.
The kit also included four wooden skewers, so I cut them into two pieces for the flower stems. I even shredded pink card stock for the vase filler. Of course I stamped the flowers with the Mixed Bunch stamp set (#125537). Each flower has three layers of petals. I gave the flowers fullness by curling the petals with a bone folder and assembling the layers with dimensionals.
Just like yesterday's project, this one was on display somewhere at leadership because I have seen pictures that others took...but I'll be darned if I know where it was. Oh well, thank goodness I took pictures at home.